Supporting Parents. Fostering Change.
Is In Step the right place for your child and your family? Here are a few questions you may consider to help you decide:
- How do I know if my child needs social skills help?
- In what ways can I support my child during this process?
- Why is my commitment important?
Now Enrolling for Fall Groups
Our groups meet weekly in the evenings, Monday through Thursday, and some of our younger children’s groups meet on Saturdays.
Pre-K/Elementary School Age Children
- Elementary Age Group for Conquering Anxiety and Building Resilience, led by Cathi Cohen
- Elementary School Age Girls Social Confidence Group, Fairfax
- Stepping Stones Elementary School Age Social Skills Group
- Early Childhood Social Skills Group
- *New offering* – Anger Management Group
Teens & Young Adults
- Middle School Girls Group
- Middle School Boys Group, Fairfax
- Middle School Boys Group, Sterling
- Teen Group, Fairfax
- CoEd High School Group
- Adopted Teen Girls, Small Group
- Teen Boys Group, Fairfax
- Emotional Regulation and Interpersonal Skills: Teen Group, Fairfax
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Group for Adolescents, Sterling
- Young Adult Group
In Step’s clinicians offer both short-term and long-term therapy designed to meet each client’s individual treatment goals.
We take the time to understand each client’s life circumstances and desired outcomes and match them with the appropriate treatment approach. This conversation starts when you call us and continues through the initial evaluation and in a meaningful, ongoing way throughout your work with us.
We offer therapy services to: