In Step is primarily a practice offering group therapy for elementary school age children, teens and young adults, specializing in highly effective social skills group therapy programs for all age groups.
In Step’s unique approach involves working with parents to achieve real growth and change with their children and in the home. Each of our groups has a parent component. Whether it is feedback at the end of each session, a parents only monthly session or a parent group running in tandem with the children’s group, In Step provides support and guidance throughout the therapeutic process.
Is In Step the right place for you and your family? Here are a few questions you may consider to help you decide:
- How do I know if my child needs social skills help?
- In what ways can I support my child during this process?
- Why is my commitment important?
Group Openings at In Step
Our groups meet weekly in the evenings, Monday through Thursday, and some of our younger kid’s groups meet on Saturdays.
Elementary School Age Children
- Elementary School Age Girls Social Confidence Group, East
- Elementary School Age Drama Therapy Group
- Elementary School Age Social Skills Group
- Early Childhood Social Skills Group
Teens & Young Adults
- Adoptee Group, Middle School, East
- Adoptee Group, High School, East
- Middle School Girl’s Group
- Middle School Boy’s Group
- Middle School Girls Self-Confidence & Social Skills Group, West
- CoEd High School Group
- Young Adult Group
Fairfax 703-876-8480 Sterling 703-433-5771